Playnite Forums
[NEWS] new add-on development progress updates - Printable Version

+- Playnite Forums (https://playnite.link/forum)
+-- Forum: Extension Database (https://playnite.link/forum/forum-3.html)
+--- Forum: Generic Extensions (https://playnite.link/forum/forum-6.html)
+--- Thread: [NEWS] new add-on development progress updates (/thread-1433.html)

[NEWS] new add-on development progress updates - OneAngryGamer - 09-20-2023

Project G.E.

• Thank you to everyone who has contributed to this project.
  • This project has grown over its original scope with many features added.
  • Due to the scope creep, I plan to release this in several stages.
  • Each stage will introduce a new concept and its associated features will be added to the menu of the updated release.
  • This will use my Advanced Menu system. This will be useful if you find the associated concepts too confusing or if you were only interested in the original design intent. The additional menu items will be hidden unless you enable the Advanced Menu.
  • Completion Progress = 100%I could release it now if I want to.

UPDATE: first public release now out https://playnite.link/forum/thread-1439.html

Unnamed Emulation Project (this one does not have a project title)

• Special thanks to RetroBoi777
  • Estimated Release Date = 2023 2024 (Release plans changed so that G.E. is released first)

RE: [COMING SOON] Progress Update 2023-09 - OneAngryGamer - 09-27-2023

Q. What does the "unnamed emulation project" do?
A. This will not be revealed until after it has been released.

Q. What does "Project G.E." do?
A. If you contributed to this project with files info or the closed Early Access you already know. For everyone else, this will not be revealed until after it has been released.

Q. Give me a hint!
A. Something that no other Playnite plugin/add-on can do. No more hints.

Q. Should I do something to my Playnite to make it easier to use the add-on when released?
A. This is an indirect request for a hint.
  • Emulation Project = You will want to populate the Region field for your roms.
  • Project G.E. = Populating your computer games with their Game Engine will prove to be useful.

RE: [COMING SOON] Progress Update 2023-09 - OneAngryGamer - 10-05-2023

Here is a code preview from the upcoming Unnamed Emulation Project.

if ($bEmuPortableMode)
    {
        $pathMarker = switch ($sEmulatorName)
        {
            'Citra' {'user\'}
            'Cxbx-Reloaded' {'settings.ini'}
            'Dolphin' {'portable.txt'}
            'DuckStation' {'portable.txt'}
            'PCSX2' {'portable.ini'}
            'PPSSPP' {'installed.txt'}
            'Ryujinx' {'portable\'} # https://github.com/Ryujinx/Ryujinx/wiki/Ryujinx-Setup-&-Configuration-Guide#portable-mode
            'Xemu' {'xemu.toml'}
            'Xenia' {'portable.txt'} # https://github.com/xenia-canary/xenia-canary/wiki/Options
            'yuzu' {'user\'}
        }
        $pathMarker = Join-Path -Path $pathEmulator -ChildPath $pathMarker
    }

This extract sets the location of the marker file (or folder) that the emulator uses to check if it is running in portable mode.

Special thanks to RetroBoy777.

PPSSPP is an oddity as it is the only emulator that uses a file to set whether it is running in installed mode. It is included in this code because if this file does not exist then the emulator is running in portable mode.

Q. What is the use of knowing if an emulator is set to portable mode?
A. It changes the location of important config files used by the emulator. This add-on will need to read certain data from your emulator. To do this it will need to know if your emulator is in portable mode to get the location of the file it needs to read.

Q. You didn't include Vita3K in your code.
A. This emulator will be supported in my add-on. It is not shown in the code extract because this emulator doesn't have a portable mode.

Q. You didn't include RPCS3 and it is portable.
A. It is portable because it has no installer. It does not have a portable mode like the other emulators listed.

Q. You didn't include Cemu and it is portable.
A. It is portable because it has no installer. It does not have a portable mode like the other emulators listed.

Q. You didn't include emulator {INSERT NAME HERE} in your code.
A. This emulator may be included in my add-on. If it is then it is not shown in the code extract because it doesn't have a portable mode.

RE: [COMING SOON] Progress Update 2023-09 + Code Preview Emulator Portable Mode - OneAngryGamer - 12-25-2023

Preview of an early version of G.E.
[attachment=2508]

The first release will support around 15 game engines. I will follow that with several updates to gradually introduce support for different features.

RE: [NEWS] 2 new add-ons Progress Update 2023-12 - first public preview - OneAngryGamer - 01-03-2024

Project G.E. has now had its first public release as YAST https://playnite.link/forum/thread-1439.html

Engines supported in first release:
  1. Action Game Maker
  2. Adventure Game Studio
  3. Fighter Maker 2nd
  4. KiriKiri
  5. KiriKiri Z
  6. LiveMaker
  7. NWjs
  8. Pixel Game Maker MV
  9. RPGM MV
  10. RPGM VX
  11. RPGM VX Ace
  12. RPGM XP
  13. SRPG Studio Game Engine
  14. Tyrano
  15. Visionaire
  16. Wolf RPG
Special Thanks to all who contributed.

More engines will be supported in future updates.

RE: [NEWS] new add-on development progress updates - OneAngryGamer - 01-09-2024

Another tip for YAST - it was intentionally designed so that you can add descriptions to backup filenames to make them more meaningful.

For example you could rename GameName-TimeStamp.7z to GameName-TimeStamp-BeforeLastBoss.7z or GameName-TimeStamp-Level5Start.7z.

Adding descriptions to filenames makes it easier to find the save you want to restore.

The only provision is that you need to add your description with a hyphen immediately after the timestamp otherwise you will break the detection of file time duplicates.

RE: [NEWS] new add-on development progress updates - OneAngryGamer - 01-31-2024

Another optional patch has been uploaded for YAST adding support for non-portable games that do not use latin characters in their file paths. This will be very useful to GameSave Manager 3 users who have been unable to back up these saves.

RE: [NEWS] new add-on development progress updates - OneAngryGamer - 02-27-2024

Y.A.S.T. (Project G.E.) F.A.Q.

Q. I downloaded the patch but I don't have the folder you want me to extract it in.
A. Install the add-on and open Playnite afterwards before installing any DLC patch.
UPDATE: patches taken down

Q. Do I need to install all DLC patches to have all scan templates released?
A. No. These are cumulative. The latest release contains all the previous content.

Q. How long will you keep releasing weekly DLC?
A. I will stop soon. ALL DLC WILL BE TAKEN DOWN AFTER. I intend to release an update to the add-on which will add support for more non-portable save locations.

Q. The saves for my game are not detected by your add-on.
A. Does the game use an engine that has had a scan template released? Send me the details of the game (game name, file & folder paths listing and which files are the saves) and I will consider updating the template in a future update.

Q. Why doesn't the add-on support game engine {INSERT NAME HERE}?
A. Pick one from below.
  • It does. I have not released the scan template for that engine yet.
  • It can not. The engine does not have a strong filename pattern or I have insufficient information to detect any pattern.
  • No tester has contributed any data for games using that engine.

Q. Give me an example of an engine which you are not including because it has no save file pattern.
A. Clickteam Fusion

RE: [NEWS] new add-on development progress updates - OneAngryGamer - 03-06-2024

Q. What will the recent settlement between Nintendo and Tropic Haze mean for the unnamed emulation project being developed?
A. It contains Citra and Yuzu. The project is on hold for now.

I have released the first update for YAST - I intend to release more updates soon. Thanks to those who contributed to this project.

It has been a while since I last released a public update for Achievement Watcher - if there is enough interest and volunteers for testing then I may pick this up again. In between working on the One Ring Project.

RE: [NEWS] new add-on development progress updates - OneAngryGamer - 04-15-2024

There is reluctance to upgrade from YAST V1 to V2 because it breaks the save profiles you created. Recently released YAST V3 contains a new feature to bulk upgrade all * of your save profiles to the latest version. download and instructions here

* Works for save profiles created with V1 and V2. Does not work for save profiles created with closed versions prior to V1.

RE: [NEWS] new add-on development progress updates - OneAngryGamer - 04-29-2024

The unnamed emulation project has been taken off hold.

Additional accuracy testing has been made. Some of the results:

HI ACCURACY TEST - BEST SCORE
  • Cemu = 2
  • Cxbx-Reloaded = N/A (FAIL)
  • Dolphin = 6
  • PCSX2 = 6
  • PPSSPP = 6
  • RPCS3 = 1
  • Vita3K = 1
  • Xenia = N/A (FAIL)

LO ACCURACY TEST - BEST SCORE
  • Cxbx-Reloaded = 5
  • Xenia = 8

Comments:
  • It is not testing the emulation accuracy of each emulator. This is testing the accuracy of methods for matching ??? to ???
  • Lower number means a better match method was used so Vita3K scoring 1 is better than PCSX2 scoring 6.
  • A bad score does not mean that it is inaccurate. The best score for Dolphin was 6 but it had perfect accuracy.

RE: [NEWS] new add-on development progress updates - OneAngryGamer - 05-13-2024

The unnamed emulation project has been making progress.

A new update patch has been released for YAST - get it here (only compatible with v3.0.0)